Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dancing in the Drought

July 20th
Maple Leaf Kennel Club
United Kennel Club Show
Erin, ON
Judge:   Pennie Jackson

Best of Breed
Group 4th



People regularly ask why Mom doesn't usually show me herself.  Well, the main reasons why other people have taken me in the ring for Mom are:

(a)  she is not very co-ordinated and has no prior conformation experience;
(b)  she is not able to stack me properly in a timely fashion;
(c)  I like to take off like a racehorse when it’s time to move around the ring
     (see (a) above); and
(d)  I have been known to try to play with the other dogs in the ring.

BUT,

on Friday, I was on my best behaviour and:

(a)  Mom was able to concentrate on her co-ordination;
(b)  I self-stacked really, really well (making Mom's job much easier);
(c)  I moved around the ring like a Vizsla and not a racehorse; and
(d)  I ignored the other dogs in the ring.

Thereby, making Mom really, really proud of me and my performance in the ring.

This is my second UKC "competition win" - I need one more "competition win" to become a UKC Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment