Sunday, January 08, 2012

Anatomy of a Recall

A beautiful day for a drive to the country.  Wore a harness with a 30' long-line for the first time.  Didn't trip myself with the line or anyone else but there were a few close calls. I got to race around the fields and practice my recalls amid the distractions of "the great outdoors." My speedy returns were randomly rewarded with cookies, cheese (until it was lost in one of the fields - sheeesh) and tugging sessions.

If the camera specs are to be believed, the following 8 frames occurred in one second - now that's a FAST recall. I know I'm fast but I don't think I'm quite that fast so I suspect that it took at least 2 seconds to reach Mom (I was dragging a 30' line after all!).

King of the Hill
"Here!"
Was that fast enough?

Check out my quick response and travelin' speed!


Check out my travelin' ears!



1 comment: