Friday, September 09, 2011

Drive with Control

We play a number of games that simultaneously build control and drive (to engage in play with Mom rather than run off and play/chew alone).  In this short video, I am playing the tuggie game on the deck for the first time.  As this is a new setting, the "picture" of the game is new so you will notice that I am displaying a little confusion/frustration (vocalizations) as I am working out how to play the game in this setting.  When you see how nicely I can hold a sit in the presence of a toy that I find very exciting, keep in mind that I am only 14 weeks old.

[There is a longer video in a higher resolution but it couldn't be edited down to fit the 100MB limit.  By the time the camera was adjusted and this portion was shot, we were both too hot to play any longer.  Even a few minutes of vigorous tugging in high humidity can be exhausting (especially for the human).]

Speaking of control, I've become so accustomed to waiting in a relaxed manner for my meals that this morning I pushed my bowl over to the mat and finished my breakfast in this fashion:



1 comment:

  1. Too cute laying down to eat. I added you to my list of Blogging Vizslas. I think you are in Canada?? If not, let me know and I'll update it.

    http://www.clickthegoodnews.com/2009/06/01/blogging-vizslas/

    ReplyDelete