Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Who says human-training is too time-consuming?

Not sure if this contravenes any "rules" but here I am playing two games at once: "It's Yer Choice" while reclining on my "magic carpet." It was actually a game of "flying" treats and I was supposed to leave the treats that weren't preceded by a "yes." Mom explained the rules of this new version of the game by saying "leave" with the first treat she threw. From then on, the only word I heard was "yes" which meant I could eat the next treat that was thrown on the bed. I really enjoyed this game because most of the treats that were thrown followed a "yes."

That's a tremendous amount of willpower for a 21-week-old puppy!

Treats have landed under my nose...

and they're mine (not all of the "yes" treats landed this close to me)

I've heard "yes" and I'm watching the treat fly toward me
In short, with this game, I've been generously rewarded for:  (1) staying calmly and quietly on a bed, (2) maintaining focus on Mom and (3) demonstrating great self-control, all while learning that (4) flying food isn't mine unless I've been told it is and (5) great things follow the word "leave."  Time it took to get a huge haul of treats out of Mom: 10 minutes.

1 comment: